Unique & Thriving State
Empowering Collective Action
Explore what we do and how you connect!
WANT TO GROW YOUR LOCALISM?
What is localism, anyway? We’d love to tell you more. Localism is how we build an amazing, unique place that lasts for generations.
ARE YOU A LOCAL BUSINESS?
Don’t go it alone. We’re here for you and so are many other local business owners. Build relationships, learn, and be heard.
INVEST IN YOUR PLACE!
Give your time, knowledge and resources to great projects that are right next door. Have a project? Build your network of support from your neighbors via our own local crowdfunding platform.
Advice for small business owners and contractors
- Advice for Creating A Successful HVAC CompanyAn HVAC service company can be quite lucrative. People will always need someone to service their HVAC system. However, you will have to take the following steps in order to ensure that your HVAC company is a success. Have a Plan in Place Many people like to fly by the seat of their pants and hope that their company is a success. However, in order to get the most of your company, you will need to have a plan in place. Think about your vision, your goals, and what you will do to reach those goals. You don’t necessarily have to create a complex plan, but it should cover the basics. Hire the Right Employees Much of the success of your company depends on the employees that you hire. That is why it is important for you to spend a lot of time making sure that you hire the right people. Not only should you make sure that you have the right employees, but you should also take the time to properly train them. Additionally, you should try to retain your employees. Happy employees are the ones who will stay at the company. For example, you can reward your employees when they do a good job. You can also communicate with them and let them make suggestions about how to improve the company. Marketing You will have to invest time and money into marketing if you want your company to be a success. It is easy to market in the internet age. You can promote your business on Google and social media. You can also create your own website. However, even though we are in a digital age, you can still use the conventional means of marketing. For example, you can still put up flyers around your area. You can also invest in billboard marketing. It is also important to note that word of mouth marketing is one of the best ways to promote your business. If you keep your customers happy, then they will gladly tell their family members and friends about your business. Invest in a Good-Quality Equipment The type of materials and equipment that you have will determine the type of job that you do. That is why it is a good idea for you to invest in good-quality equipment. The right equipment will also make it easier for you and your employees to do their job. Find a Mentor The best person to learn from is someone who has been in the field for a long time. You should seek out guidance from other HVAC professionals.
- How to Take a Locksmith Business to the Next LevelLocksmiths will always be needed. If you decide to start a locksmith business, then you can potentially make a lot of money with it. There are several ways that you can make the most of your locksmith business. Be Professional And Punctual Your customers expect you to show up on time. They also get frustrated when they have to wait, especially for lock-out services. Being punctual is one of the best things that you can do in order to help your business. This will help you build great relationships with your customers. If you are professional, then your customers will likely tell their family members and friends about your business. This can help you grow your business. Get on Social Media If your business is not on social media, then you are missing out on a lot of business. You should be active on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and Instagram. You also need to have a good website. You may want to hire a digital marketer so that you can ensure that your business is seen when people do a Google search. Offer Service 24/7 People need locksmiths at any time of the day or the night. For example, someone may get locked out of their car or home at night. That is why you need to offer services outside of the conventional 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. hours. It is best for you to offer 24/7 hours. Get Feedback Your customers are the best resource that you can use to grow your business. You should ask them to give their honest feedback. You can use the feedback that you get in order to improve your business. You can also ask them to review you online. Many people look at online reviews before they choose a particular business. If you happen to get a negative review, then you should respond to it and resolve the issue as soon as possible. Negative feedback can also be used to improve your business. Expand Your Skills and Services The locksmith industry is always changing. You can keep up with those changes and expand your own skillset by taking a training course. Training courses will also teach you about the technology that you can use to make things easier for you. Include lock-out services, lock re-keying, lock installation, lock repair and lock replacement. Use a Local Business Number Customers don’t want to call a toll-free number. They want a local business number. It makes them feel more comfortable when they are calling it. You can get more leads by using a local business number.
- Simple Ways to Boost Foot TrafficIf you have a brick-and-mortar store, then it is important for you to do everything that you can in order to increase foot traffic. You will have more opportunities in order to engage with your customers if you have more foot traffic. You can do the following things in order to increase foot traffic.
Boost Curb AppealThe way that your store looks will determine whether someone wants to go inside there. There are several things that you can do in order to boost curb appeal. You can do simple things like sweeping up the store and cleaning the windows. You can also paint the building. In order to find out exactly what your store needs, you should take a good look at it. Ask yourself what you can do in order to make the building look better.
Sell FoodPeople are naturally drawn to areas that have food. An easy way that you can get more people to come to your business is to sell food. You don’t have to serve people a full course meal. You can sell things like sandwiches and snacks.
Add Curbside OptionYou may be wondering why you need to add a curbside option if you are trying to get more people to go inside of the business. However, a curbside pickup option can help you attract more customers. People will appreciate the fact that they have the option if they need it.
Create a Welcoming EnvironmentA clean and comfortable environment will encourage customers to spend more time in your store and keep them coming back. Be sure to maintain clean carpets and floors as this is one of the first things people notice when they enter a store. Lighting is especially important. Avoid harsh cold lighting and add warm bulbs that highlight your merchandise.
Hire the Right PeopleThe customer service experience is one of the things that keeps people coming back to a particular business. That is why you have to make sure that you hire the right people. Make sure that everyone you hire is friendly and good with people. They should also receive the proper training so that they will be able to help customers.
Get OnlinePeople today are spending more time online than ever before. That is why you can get more people to come to your business by maintaining an online presence. Make sure that you are active on websites like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. You will also need to have a website that showcases the products and services that you have.
Offer DiscountsPeople love discounts because everyone is looking for ways to save money. You can give people discounts for getting their family members and friends to come to the business.
- The Importance of Keeping a Clean and Healthy Office EnvironmentIn the business world, first impressions are crucial. Your office’s appearance creates a mental image in the eyes of clients who come into your establishment. The first impression essentially sets the tone for the rest of the relationship. It is important to keep the office environment premises clean, safe, and hygienic at all times. On the other hand, keeping a clean office environment is about more than just getting a good first impression. It has a significant impact on your company as a whole, particularly internally, since it has a considerable impact on the morale and performance of your staff. Here are four benefits of a clean and healthy office environment. Improves Morale The organization of a company is one of the most important factors in its success. A well-kept job environment has a positive impact on how workers perceive their occupation. When workers are accustomed to arranging and cleaning their work environment, they improve both their morale and the company. As a result, workplace morale rises, and a pleasant atmosphere prevails. Furthermore, clients and visitors feel at ease and happy when doing business in a clean and healthy place. This is important to foster a positive relationship between the business and its clients, which is beneficial to the company’s bottom line. Encourages Professionalism As the work environment is organized, from the sorting of papers to the filing of folders, workers become more orderly, which encourages professionalism. Any employee, regardless of industry, is supposed to offer outstanding customer service. The visual aspect of the workplace, particularly the interior, is crucial in promoting your brand. One thing that every worker must do regularly is to keep their working space orderly and clean. This element of professionalism must be ingrained as it represents the ideals embraced by your company. Working in a tidy workplace is particularly soothing and energizing for everyone. All clients expect professional services. Professionalism begins with the discipline used in the workplace. When everything is tidy and organized, the business will thrive. Ensures Safety and Healthy A safe and healthy workplace is one that is clean. When every corner of the office is tidy and neat, injuries and illnesses are avoided. A fresh breath of air is important for preventing germs and contaminants from entering; thus, disinfectants can be used. Maintaining dry and clean floors is critical in avoiding injury and incidents such as slips and falls. As a result, cleaning companies have been established to assist in maintaining a clean and well-organized workspace. Visit https://minutedrycarpetcleaning.com/ to learn more about scheduling regular carpet cleaning. Generates Positive Outcomes It is guaranteed that a clean workspace fosters good vibes among workers. When an employee works in a company that values order and cleanliness, they are driven to give their all, particularly for the customers. Furthermore, satisfied workers result in satisfied customers. When everyone is happy, the company remains healthy and flourishing.
- Building Your Small Business by Building Your CommunitySmall businesses can thrive within their city or town by becoming involved and invested in the community. Donations, sponsorships, and support for non-profit and civic organizations offer the valuable payback of word-of-mouth advertising and new customers who appreciate your goodwill. One of the most effective ways to show you are a stakeholder in a community is through involvement or support for the school system or youth activities. People appreciate help and support for projects and programs that benefit their children and word travel quickly among parents. Direct involvement related to your business can work particularly well for trades. Schools and youth centers operate on limited budgets and have buildings that can always use repairs and upgrades. Refitting a space with eco-friendly lighting or helping solve a chronic plumbing problem will be gratefully and frequently acknowledged. HVAC companies are always in demand. Landscaping companies can lead a community effort to spruce up a neglected schoolyard or park that hosts youth sports. Providing a visible improvement will have people talking about your business through several seasons. If donating services and repairs is impractical, there are still plenty of opportunities to support the needs and interests of community youth. Launch a scholarship in your company’s name. Sponsor a field trip or an event such as a soccer tournament. Offering a donation or help with a youth project such as providing meals to local families in need will boost your reputation as a community partner. Connecting with the PTO to see where you can have the greatest impact will get you noticed by a network of moms that will build you a client list. Some companies even team up with student fundraisers and offer a discount on their services to donors. Almost anything you donate or provide will get your company’s name out into the community among people who will need your services sooner or later. Youth sports organizations are great opportunities to connect to the community. Does a hometown team need help with equipment or uniforms? Do fields need better night lights? Could the turf use some work? Many cities and towns have a Police Athletic League that organizes tournaments and other activities for children and teens. The local PAL would probably have a slew of suggestions about how to become involved. Coffee shops and small restaurants that can provide light food for different events are always appreciated. Food is a tried and true ice breaker, especially for community meetings about proposals and issues that bring together people with opposing views. And it’s a great way to give people a taste of what you have to offer. If there’s a hometown parade, enter a float. Donate to the Fourth of July fireworks fund. Participate in holiday events and celebrations, particularly for athletic teams that pick up championship titles. It can be helpful to partner with one well-known non-profit organization. Faith communities are a great resource. Congregations have their own charitable projects and would welcome some support. Although community involvement means donations of time and money, for small businesses it’s usually time and money well spent. A successful community is usually home to successful businesses. When your community wins, you win. For a good example of building success through community involvement visit https://www.carpetmdinfo.com/.